Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Database search tips
- "Uncheck" (if necessary) the full-text limiter in order to search both full-text and abstracted only articles. May need to uncheck "periodicals in the library" too, if searching all indexed documents.
- Note what kinds of limiters are available - author, subject, title, date, number of pages, academic or scholarly.
- Try synonyms if an initial keyword search turns up too few items.
- Use quotations -- results bring up only the entries with those words side by side, for example: "lake michigan college"
- Use Boolean searching: AND, OR, NOT.
Search scholarly articles from the databases and Google Scholar
Academic Search Complete (EBSCOhost)
Multi-subject database, with more than 8,500 magazines and journals. Includes abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
Gale In Context: Global Issues
Explore issues within government, law, health, science and technology, society and culture, and more. Includes global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more. Cross-searchable with Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints database.
The Library has full-text access to 350 back files of academic journals. Journals are always included from volume 1, issue 1, to most available in this database. Also available are abstracts to additional journals. Focus is on high quality research.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
Over 500 full-text journals. This database covers information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
SocINDEX with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
Contains full text for more than 860 journals dating back to 1908. This database also includes full text for more than 830 books and monographs, and full text for over 16,800 conference papers.
Wiley - Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Original reports of experimental research involving applications of the experimental analysis of behavior to problems of social importance. 1997 to present.
Wiley - Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior
Original experiments relevant to the behavior of individual organisms; review articles and theoretical papers considered. 1997 to present.